We #care, #lead, #challenge and #inspire
At #Rebis, people are the most important and differentiating factor. We look for people that are able to undertake new goals, overcome challenges and grow with us.
As "Big Data Developer", you will join one or multiple project assignments within our business analytics services portfolio, working closely with your team and our clients to deliver best possible solutions.
The Big data development lead analyses and designs big data development solutions. This solution must be in line with company standards concerning quality and performance, and resource usage. The experienced data engineer also defines and/or improves the standards and good practices. He/She can assess the current as-is and propose and rollout improvements within the team/squad.
The big data practice data engineer supports and advises management in finding the best solution and design, in a cost efficient manner.
Generic patters are identified and automated, to promote standardization and re-use. A solid approach is defined.
Main technologies used are KAFKA, FLINK, Spark, Scala, Python, .... Hands-on experience in these is a must have.
· Be able to analyse and develop (complex) solutions
· Monitoring and quality assurance of deliverables and make suggestion for improvements
· Prepare and follow-up of installation in QA and PROD environment. Follow up and analyse incidents, identify the rootcause…
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
· Team player always ready to share, train or provide support to others.
· Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
· Flexible, accurate & control minded.
· Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
· Ability to deliver results respecting deadlines
· Good oral and written communication. Ability to turn advanced technical topics and industry jargon into easy-to-understand information .
· Quality driven and cost avoidance minded
· Able to handle changing priorities
· Customer focus
· Passionate about data
· Bachelor/Master ‘s degree in IT or engineering or equivalent by
· Professional experience
· At least 8 years of relevant experience
· proven handson experience in big data Cloudera/Hortonworks and tools, and how to integrate it in a large organization next to traditional BI, A&AI, etc.
· practical knowledge of FLink/Kafka
· hands-on experience in big data technologies/languages like Hive, ELK, Cassandra, Python
· Profound knowledge of SQL (writing complex SQL queries, performance tuning)
· Knowledge of DWH data modelling (i.e. Kimball or Inman)
If you have a raw passion to succeed don't think you've reached your full potential and want to be part of a growing independent business with big plans, then we want to hear from you.
Join our team!